Monday, May 20, 2013

Week Three!

With my end date fast approaching, I am finding my senior project to have been a wonderful experience. With such a wonderful sponsor and the opportunity to work on several different projects, I feel as if I will walk away from this with appreciation and understanding for what goes on behind the scenes of a newspaper.

I first chose the Heights Observer for my senior project because of my interest in journalism and my deep love for Cleveland Heights. Because I grew up here since birth, I have learned to love the city, the people and it's charm for more than what it is. Cleveland Heights is not like any other city. It is unique in it's acceptance and welcoming feel, presenting a small town feel while continuing to house a large population. I am so grateful for the place I grew up and hope to someday bring my family back here, if not even live here.

Enough though with the sappiness, I finally was able to get the interview with Waldorf. The head of the school's development went above and beyond with her responses. I am enjoying every bit of writing this article because of it's great detail. I cannot wait to see the finished product of both my article AND the school. Must get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment