Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday Newsletter

Busy day ahead! Soon I will be heading into the office and today we are going to begin working on the weekly newsletter that is emailed to all Heights Observer members. Unlike most Tuesdays, today is just going to be myself and my sponsor! But I think we will be able to knock it out.

I took my first stab at writing an article and of course I am looking forward to receiving feedback and constructive criticism! Today I will be sitting down with my sponsor do discuss what I could do better and what I need to change. I think it is very important to get feedback and ideas, especially since I am not experienced. I am enjoying this experience so much and cannot wait to see what I take from this internship.

Will one week left on the job, I am still working on two articles and putting the finishing touches on another. Keep an eye out for my articles in the June and July issues!

1:08 p.m.
After a long day at the office, one question is fluttering about my mind.

Do I want to be a Journalist?

Easy answer. No. Whether the next question is, have I been enjoying my senior project at the Heights Observer? Also an easy answer. Yes I have.

My sponsor is wonderful and very helpful, however, it coming clearly that the job just isn't for me. I love the going, going, going lifestyle. Life at a newspaper just is not like that. When working on a story, it involves A LOT of waiting. I am very impatient so the two do not mix well.

This is all good to know though!

No comments:

Post a Comment